A few of my favourite things.... October Favourites

I can't quite believe, as I type this, that October is almost over. I say it every year, but this year really has flown. It's been a crazy one, full of lots of different people, places and things, (reference to one of my favourite plays there, couldn't resist). Since discovering YouTube, one of my favourite types of videos to watch, and now indeed, create, is a 'Favourites' video. Not just because I find them so incredibly helpful to find new Brands, Authors, TV Shows etc, but because, with my own videos, it's like a little online memory box of great reminders from every month.

My favourites are incredibly random every month, which I think reflects my own life- I am interested in so many different things, and I love to bring them all together into one video, to share them with you all and hopefully help you discover new and interesting things as well.

I'm very new to the blogging/YouTube world so I apologise if I'm getting this all wrong, but I thought it would be fun to do a blog post as well as a YouTube video this month. So here goes...


1. Nars Narsissist Eyeshadow Palette

This palette was a gift for my sister Courtney, and one which I found very hard to part with. I know it's a bit of a cheat as it's not something that I've been enjoying, but seeing the looks Courtney has come up with, and how much she has enjoyed using it, I felt justified in adding it. This palette is stunning. It has a hefty price tag, but I think, if you're a makeup collector or on the look out for that one eyeshadow palette that will give you a ton of different looks, it's completely worth it.

2. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

Really, at this stage this concealer speaks for itself. Any of you who don't know however, this concealer has a bit of a cult following in the beauty community. It's fantastic coverage, cheap as price tag, and thick, but creamy consistency, combine to make it the best concealer I've ever used. I am yet to find one to compare. It has come in particularly handy this month, as I have had under eye bags for days, and this little beauty covered them up a treat.

3. Soap and Glory Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub

Soap and Glory hasn't interested me much as a brand in the past. I always thought they had great packaging, but I felt like that was as far as it went. Until I tried this. I'm now a massive fan and considering purchasing a few more of their products. The smell alone would have been enough, (it's got a beautiful, maple syrup scent), but it actually does what it says on the tin and exfoliates your body wonderfully too. I've found my holy grail body exfoliant and I'm quite frankly thrilled about it.

4. Olivia Blake Wild Pumpkin and Nutmeg Fragranced Candle

Candles are my downfall at the moment. I can't stop buying them. I think it's because I've recently moved and I just love going into a room that has had a candle on and instantly feeling relaxed. This brand is completely new to me and I am really impressed with it. This particular candle fills the room with such a lovely autumnal smell and so far it has lasted very well. I purchased this candle from my local TK Maxx for, I think, £5.99 so definitely check in there, as they do some brilliant deals.

5. Cath Kidston Peter Pan Mug

This mug is, I think, my favourite favourite ever. I recently had a Press Night for a new Musical I performed in and my sister bought me this as my opening night gift. It combines three of my favourite things: Mugs, Cath Kidston and Disney. I think it's a stunning design and a great collaboration.

6. Three Sisters, Three Queens by Philippa Gregory

I am a great lover of historical fiction, and have read pretty much every other Philippa Gregory book that has been released. She combines historical fact and fiction incredibly well, and paints such a vivid picture of the time and people in each of her books. This book focuses on Margaret, Henry VIII eldest sister, as well as Catherine of Aragon, Henry's first wife. I love how she puts women at the forefront of her books, and gives them the chance to have their side of history told, however fictitious it may be.

If you'd prefer, you can check out my YouTube video to see all of these things in real life.

October Favourites | Georgie Ashford


I hope you found this blog post enjoyable and even, dare I say, helpful. It's extremely different from creating a YouTube video but I really enjoyed it. I'd love to hear from you about some of your favourite things from this month, seriously keep them coming, I love it.

Georgie x






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sisters By Blood, Friends by Choice

Guilt Free Chocolate Smoothie